Get in touch with your IT Support specialists
Leased Line Broadband
A leased line is a dedicated broadband connection between your premises and the local exchange, in other words the line is not shared. It is fixed bandwidth and offers identical upload and download speeds and is not subject to contention with other users. With a standard shared line, the speed and reliability of your broadband can fluctuate as other users go online and eat up bandwidth. It can also mean slower speeds in general, depending on the contention ratio in your area.
Leased line is a premium Internet connectivity product, normally delivered over fibre, which provides uncontended, symmetrical speeds. It can also be known as an Ethernet leased line, dedicated line, data circuit or private line. They are generally used by businesses with high-powered broadband needs and i7 Technologies has been involved with many projects to date installing leased lines for customers.
A lease line should be considered if:
- There is a large site or office where many users need to connect.
- There is a need transfer large amounts of data.
- The business is involved in financial trading.
- You run a large website.
- A requirement for reliable internet 24/7.
- A VoIP system is in place with many users.
Speeds are available from 10Mb up to 10Gb (10,000Mb), and they are symmetrical, so download and upload speeds are the same, useful your business needs to upload data, host a website, use a VPN, or let remote workers use the office server. A leased line will also give you low latency (lag), essential for making video calls and accessing data remotely.
Unlike a traditional PSTN line, it does not have a telephone number, each side of the line being permanently connected and dedicated to the other. Leased lines can be used for telephone, internet, or other data services.
Leased lines can be used by businesses to connect geographically distant offices. Unlike dial-up connections, a leased line is always active. The fee for the connection is at a fixed monthly rate. The primary factors affecting the monthly fee are distance between end points and the speed of the circuit. Because the connection does not carry anybody else’s communications, the carrier can assure a given level of quality.
Benefits of Lease Line
- Lightning-fast download and upload speeds.
- Not shared with any other users, making speeds steady and not liable to fluctuation.
- The ability to change your bandwidth easily, making the product scalable.
- Low latency.
- Greater security and privacy compared to a shared line.
- Static IP addresses.
- A leased line package doesn’t usually include landline phone plans – you’d need to sort those out separately or get them as an add-on.
A Leased Line Broadband Solution from i7 Technologies
If a high-quality broadband connection is vital to your business talk to i7 Technologies about a leased line broadband solution. i7 Technologies is the connectivity specialist, we have helped dozens of businesses in challenging locations achieve to broadband speeds they need to operate effectively in today’s environment.