Get in touch with your IT Support specialists
What is a firewall?
A firewall is a network security system that monitors and controls the outgoing and incoming network traffic on predetermined security rules. A firewall typically establishes a barrier between a trusted, secure internal network and another outside network, such as the Internet, that is assumed not to be secure or trusted.
So, a firewall is one of the most important tools that protects your businesses network. Data loss and cyber attacks are enormous threats to any modern day business and you should not take any chances with the security of your network. i7 Technologies can ensure that your firewall is kept up-to-date and performs as effectively as possible.
Firewalls work by examining the packets of data as they pass through your network – if the packet abides by the firewall policies you have set in place then it will pass through no problem, if it doesn’t abide by the rules you have configured then it won’t be allowed through. This is why a properly configured firewall based on your company needs is so effective and essential to the security of your data.
Here at i7 Technologies we work closely with you to understand with what you would like your employees to access or more importantly what not to access. A firewall in its own right is a essential and powerful tool, but if proactively managed then the possibilities are endless.
By adopting a synchronised approach to all types of security threats, we will ensure that your data has the best protection that it can have. i7 Technologies works closely with industry leading firewall providers, including industry leaders Sophos.
The benefits of a firewall
- Can be configured to prevent your employees from putting potentially sensitive information in outgoing emails or other forms of communications.
- Can prevent employees from accessing certain sites, like social media, or sites of questionable content. This can help productivity.
- Sets up a defence to stop computers outside your network from accessing your files and sending malicious software to attack your files. Also, protects from viruses that employees may accidentally introduce into your system.
- Adaptable to changing business needs and new additions to your wireless network. New applications can be safely deployed without the risk of viruses or Trojans entering your network. A wide variety of applications can be safely integrated into the firewall such as email from clients, VoIP and multimedia programs.
- Monitor what is being sent from and received by machines on your network – you can log this to see where the busiest parts of the traffic are and whether hardware needs upgrading to handle the traffic. You can also use the logs to see if there are any suspicious patterns emerging of which you should be concerned about.
- Firewalls on each of your devices means that should a virus get into your network; it won’t be able to spread from device to device.
- Huge potential for configuration means that you can set up different access rights for different users. For example, your IT specialist would be able to access certain files, but other employees would not be able to. In addition, tablets and laptops can be set up to have more stringent protections when used on public networks away from the work environment. We can set all of this up for you to make sure that you are properly covered.
You can never afford to take any risks when your business’ security is concerned. There are so many reasons to use i7 Technologies to set up and manage your firewall – we are experts in networks and synchronised security and our team is dedicated to the protection of your business